- Homemade SoupHomemade soup of the day, served with freshly baked bread
- Smoked Mackerel & Garlic SouffléTwice baked smoked mackerel and roast garlic soufflé, served with watercress
- Pressed Game TerrinePressed game terrine with chef’s beetroot chutney & dressed leaves
- Moules Mariniere & BreadClassic moules mariniere, served with chunks of bread
- Poached Pear, Endive & CheeseA light salad of poached pear, endive & yorkshire blue cheese with a walnut dressing
- Supreme of ChickenSupreme of chicken baked in a tangy mango & sweet chilli sauce, served with gratin potatoes & green beans
- Slow Cooked LambSlow cooked blade of lamb in a rich garlic & thyme jus, served with fondant potato & seasonal vegetables
- 28 Day Aged Sirloin Steak£5.95 supplementGrilled 28 day aged sirloin steak and peppercorn sauce, served with twice cooked chips & market vegetables
- Smoked HaddockSmoked haddock florentine topped with a lightly poached hen’s egg, served with buttered new potatoes
- Asparagus RisottoAsparagus and broad bean risotto, finished with dressed rocket & parmesan shavings
- Ices & SorbetsSelection of dairy ices and sorbets
- Chocolate & Raspberry TartIndulgent chocolate & raspberry tart with clotted cream ice cream
- Lemon PossetLuxurious lemon posset with homemade fennel shortbread biscuits
- Sticky Toffee PuddingHomemade sticky toffee pudding drizzled with butterscotch sauce and served with salted caramel ice cream
- Chef’s Local Cheeses£2.50 supplementChef’s selection of local cheeses, served with oatcakes, celery & chutney.
- 2 Courses£19.95
- 3 Courses£22.95
*available 07:00-23:00 hours
- CHEFS’ HOMEMADE SOUP OF THE DAY£4.95*Served with freshly baked bread
- SANDWICHES£5.95*All served on a choice of white or wholemeal bloomer bread, with crisp salad garnish, coleslaw and crisps
- Seasoned tuna mayonnaise
- Mature cheddar and vine tomato
- Baked York ham and mustard
- Roast topside of beef and horseradish
- HOT SANDWICHES£7.25All served, with crisp salad garnish, coleslaw and crisps
- Pan-fried steak with onions finished with Yorkshire blue served in a crisp baguette
- Roast Mediterranean vegetables with red onion chutney, finished with Wenslydale cheese served in a crisp baguette
- Mature Cheddar, York ham, tomato and rocket in a crisp baguette
- PASTA DISH OF THE DAY£9.95With garlic bread and mixed salad. (Please ask for today’s dish.)
- CAESAR SALAD£9.25Cos lettuce, vine tomato and golden croutons tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing topped with grilled chicken and fresh parmesan
- PIZZA’S£9.95*Traditional wood fired pizzas with your choice of:
- Pepperoni, salami and rocket.
- Roast vegetable.
- Spicy beef.
- COD AND CHIPS£9.95Prime East coast cod fillet in a light real ale batter, served with homemade chips, mushy peas and tartar sauce.
- ROAST VEGETABLE FRITTATA£9.95A classic Spanish dish served with rocket, salsa Verdi and parmesan salad.
- PIE OF THE DAY£9.95Today’s filling, encased in a rich pastry served with mashed potato, gravy and roasted root vegetables. (Please ask for today’s filling.)
- CORNED BEEF HASH£9.95Chunks of corned beef and potato in a rich red wine gravy topped with a poached egg, served with roasted vegetables.
- CHICKEN SCHNITZEL£9.95Breaded chicken fillet topped with fiery pepper sauce, served with twice cooked chips and a dressed salad
- SMH BURGER STACK£9.95Prime 8oz steak burger or chicken fillet topped with BBQ pulled pork,, Monterey jack and onion rings served in a lightly toasted brioche bun with smoked mayonnaise, salsa, homemade chips side salad and coleslaw .
- HAM, EGG AND CHIPS£9.95Thick slices of York ham topped with 2 fried eggs served with homemade chips
- VEGETARIAN NACHO BURGER£9.95Nacho burger with red onion chutney and goats cheese, served in a brioche bun with salad and homemade chips.
- SIDES ORDERS£2.75 each
- Twice cooked homemade chips
- Sweet potato fries with aioli
- Marinated olives
- Garlic bread
- Market vegetables
- Onion rings.
- Weekdays Monday-Friday breakfast is served 6.30am-9.30amWeekends Saturday and Sunday breakfast is served 8am-10amFull English Breakfast @ Woodlands£11.95
- Cumberland sausages
- Grilled back bacon
- Grilled fresh or plum tomatoes
- Hash browns
- Baked beans
- Scrambled, fried, poached or boiled eggs
- Poached smoked haddock
- Vegetarian sausages
- Selection of chilled juices
- Fruit segments
- Fresh fruit basket
- Selection of Danish pastries and croissants
- Assorted natural and fruit yoghurts
- Various breakfast cereals
Also includes, toast and preserves and your choice of Yorkshire tea, freshly brewed coffee and selection of herbal infusions
All of our coffees are made using Lavazza Intenso espresso beans. Ensuring a perfect coffee and a genuine taste of Italy. Decaffeinated available
- Americano£2.50A smooth coffee that mixes shots of espresso with hot water. Add milk if you like
- Cappuccino£2.95Espresso with steamed frothy milk and dusted with chocolate, perfect to enjoy at any time of the day
- Espresso£2.50Small in stature, but intense in taste, our perfectly poured espresso packs a mighty punch
(Add another shot for added vavavoom £0.75)
- Café Latte£2.95It’s simply made with fresh steamed milk and espresso. It’s also simply delicious
- Mocha£2.95A blend of espresso and hot chocolate, topped with steamed milk
- Pot of Tea£2.50Choose from:
- Taylors Yorkshire Tea
- Twinings Lemon and Ginger
- Twinings Jasmine Green
- Twinings Peppermint
- Twinings Camomile
- Minerals & Juices£1.60 - £2.90
- Mineral Water
- Baby Mineral
- Red Bull
- Draught Soft Drinks
- Draught Beer£1.90 - £4.00
- San Miguel
- Packaged Beers£3.60 - £4.20
- Kopperberg (Various)
- Black Sheep
- Becks Alcohol Free
- Grand Marnier
- Tia Maria
- Spirits£3.55 - £3.85
- Jack Daniels
- Southern Comfort
- Gordons Gin
- Smirnoff Vodka
- Lambs Navy Rum
- Sipsmith Gin
- Wine-See wine list
- Marques de Morano Rioja Joven SpainA lighter style for Rioja, just a hint of traditional oakiness and abundant juicy ripe berries.
- Luis Felipe Edwards Lot 18 Merlot, Rapel Valley ChileSoft, smooth, approachable Merlot with rounded cherries and spiced plums.
- Rare Vineyards Pinot Noir Vin de FranceFrom the foothills of the Pyrenees, soft, lightly oaked cherries and blueberries with a hint of spice.
- Berri Estates Shiraz SE AustraliaMedium-bodied and fruity with raspberry, cherry and plum, complemented by vanilla spices.
- Portillo Malbec, Valle de Uco, Mendoza ArgentinaPlums, blackberries and a touch of vanilla: fresh fruit avours, supported by a touch of spice. Great with steak!
- Château de Camarsac Oak-aged, Bordeaux Supérieur FranceA well-structured wine with a complex and elegant palate made from a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
- Galanti Prosecco Extra Dry ItalyFine, persistent, soft zz surrounds a fruit spectrum of apple, pear with a hint of peach.
- Galanti Pinot Grigio Spumante Rosé ItalyLight and fresh rosé with ripe, red summer fruit avours.
- Piper-Heidsieck Brut ChampagneA classic Pinot Noir dominated Brut Champagne: plenty of freshness with citrus notes, such as grapefruit, followed by Granny Smith green apple, and crunchy, juicy pear – ample and intense.
- Luis Felipe Edwards Lot 66 Sauvignon Blanc, Rapel Valley ChileHand harvested, gently pressed to retain the natural fruit aromas and avour of citrus fruit, melon, pineapple and pear.
- Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New ZealandGenerous and lifted, showing powerful aromas of nettle and snow pea: the palate bursts with fresh citrus, grapefruit and melon notes.
- Sancerre, Les Collinettes, Joseph Mellot FranceStylish and crisp aromas of gooseberries and powerful fruit avours, linked with a clean nish, from one of the nest and most dynamic producers.
- Cullinan View Chenin Blanc, Western Cape South AfricaDeliciously fresh and creamy with peachy fruit character. A classic South African style.
- Bonavita Pinot Grigio South AustraliaFresh with notes of ripe peach and citrus, backed by a touch of richness.
- Berri Estates Unoaked Chardonnay SE AustraliaA crisp style with a fresh, yet ripe lemon character with no oak ageing.
- Picpoul de Pinet, Reserve Sainte-Anne FranceCitrussy southern French white made from the Picpoul grape. Great with seafood!
- Parini Pinot Grigio Rosé delle Venezie ItalySoft, coppery-pink rosé: delicate and fruity bouquet: soft and fresh on the palate.
- Vendange White Zinfandel, California USAA brief time with juice and skin together gives this delicate colour, delicious strawberry aroma and zingy freshness.